Saturday, October 17, 2020

Final Blog Post

 This will be my last blog post.  I am ending my blog after 7 1/2 years of writing.  It is for personal reasons, but also in part because I am not happy with the latest blogspot rules and changes.  This site is no longer user-friendly, and there are less choices for customizing my blog entries.  I am also not happy with the stupid and juvenile games required for people to post comments.   It's been a good almost 8 years of writing and I have enjoyed telling everyone about life here in the northern country. My goal in writing these past years has been to show that a simple life, well lived, can be happy and fulfilling.   I am grateful for the many readers over the years, and hope that my articles were found to be interesting and sometimes educational?!

Today it is snowing!  I guess winter is here.  This is what I woke up to this morning: 

I started to do some yard decorations, but the fierce winds and snow of yesterday and today sort of put an end to that!

 
As you can see, not only are the leaves gone from the trees, but the view of Two Squaw Lake is quite wintry!

Harold has a pretty good start on winter wood, but he says he needs to cut a few more cords of wood. 

 

Before the snows hit, we harvested a lot of pumpkins and winter squash, which is now stored on the back porch.  We will give some of it away, and some we will keep for eating, and some will go into the freezer.

This is just some of the harvest of pumpkins and squash. 

Lots of pie pumpkins ready to make pies with!  These are Winter Luxury pie pumpkins.  they make an especially delicious pie. 

A couple weeks ago I made a grapevine wreath with some vines I got from my neighbor lady.  I decorated the wreath with bittersweet flowers I found down the road, and some fabric leaves I made.  I also added a small scarecrow and ribbon, and hung this wreath in my dining room.  I think it turned out quite nice, don't you think?

Every year I try to do something with bittersweet, as that is my favorite wild plant.  This year I made a grapevine wreath and decorated it with bittersweet, which grows nicely about a mile down the road from my house.

My husband took this photo of me just a few minutes ago.   A thankful good-bye to all of my readers.!

Again, I am thankful for all of my readers over the years.  My blog will still be available online in case anyone wants to reference a past article or a recipe.   Things are changing rapidly in this country, and I feel that it is time for me to go in a new direction also.   Harold and I hope to finish all the many projects that have been waiting for more time.  We are also no longer doing the farmer's market booth, which will give us more time to complete projects also.  And our gardens will be much smaller.  It was time to downsize the workload!  We are just no longer as young as we used to be. 

My hope is that the coming year will be better than 2020 turned out to be!   Best wishes to everyone, and God's blessings for a great 2021. 

3 comments:

Diana said...

Sad!!! But I do understand your reasoning. My friend Jan just asked if you posted anything lately. I'll have to tell
her this is the last post.
Winter scenes look very pretty but I'm not ready for this yet!!!
Hope 2021 is better for everyone.

Diana

Wee Willie said...

Well, I guess I better get with it and join your history. It was a good ride while it lasted huh? But I don't know how you were able to handle it all, being the aged lady that you are. I plan on remaining young myself. You guys take care and we'll touch base one of these fine days. Lets hope and pray that the election turns out to bless us all and not destroy this beloved country of ours. Take care and Godspeed and may good health be your reward.

Pat Cloose said...

I Want to thank you,Patty and Harold, for all your hard work and still finding time to keep us posted on events in your life.I made use of many of your recipes and shared them with others too.I pray the coming year will be better than this one. This fractured disk has made my life take a turn for the worse. We need to keep in touch.Thanks again! Bill and Pat